1. Maybe you’ve heard that Guns N’ Roses suck now, and that Axl Rose is kind of a mess in concert these days. There’s definitely evidence to back this up.
2. Like, there’s a LOT of footage like this out there.
5. But here’s the thing: They are actually really awesome in concert now. Or at least they were when they headlined the Governors Ball festival in New York City.
6. You don’t really need to be a big GNR fan to enjoy their show. They play all of their hits, and if you’ve ever been to a dive bar, you know all of them by heart.
7. You will probably be surprised by how excited you can get when they launch into one of those huge hits, like “Welcome to the Jungle” or “Paradise City.” They are undeniable crowd pleasers.
11. And maybe he has some off nights here and there, but Axl can still wail just as well as he did in his glory days. He’s a super magnetic frontman too – you might assume he lost it, but nope. Dude’s a natural star.
12. And when it’s all over, and they’ve played every song, and gone through all the pyro and confetti you can possibly handle, they leave the stage and give you one more fireworks display for the road.
13. The only complaint you can possibly have after seeing Guns N’ Roses now is that Axl doesn’t scream “Give us some reggae!!!” at any point in the show. But like, you can just watch this for a solid 15 minutes when you get home.
- A federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- According to the World Bank, a child born in 2014, on average, will live for more than 71 years.