2. Carrie Brownstein is more famous for being on Portlandia and in credit card ads than for being a member of Sleater-Kinney.
6. When lo-fi bands go and make an over-produced album in an attempt to get on the radio.
8. That one Liz Phair album where she tried to sound like Avril Lavigne.
11. You can’t mail-order stuff by bands you’ve never heard from zines anymore.
15. It’s getting harder to find anyone who will actually buy your old Sarah Records singles on eBay.
17. Having to get to festivals super early to see all the small bands and roasting in the afternoon sun.
19. When people other than Stuart Murdoch sing on Belle and Sebastian songs.
21. Everything Death Cab for Cutie did after The Photo Album.
22. Internet hype has made it harder to know about bands long before other people…
23. …and nothing will ever be obscure enough ever again.
- The Democratic National Convention starts Monday and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴