2. Carrie Brownstein is more famous for being on Portlandia and in credit card ads than for being a member of Sleater-Kinney.
6. When lo-fi bands go and make an over-produced album in an attempt to get on the radio.
8. That one Liz Phair album where she tried to sound like Avril Lavigne.
11. You can’t mail-order stuff by bands you’ve never heard from zines anymore.
15. It’s getting harder to find anyone who will actually buy your old Sarah Records singles on eBay.
17. Having to get to festivals super early to see all the small bands and roasting in the afternoon sun.
19. When people other than Stuart Murdoch sing on Belle and Sebastian songs.
21. Everything Death Cab for Cutie did after The Photo Album.
22. Internet hype has made it harder to know about bands long before other people…
23. …and nothing will ever be obscure enough ever again.
- 11 U.S. states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- President Obama will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima since the atomic bomb was dropped there 71 years ago.
- Good news, Canadians: If you buy medical marijuana legally, you can now get same-day delivery right to your door in Toronto and Calgary 🍁