2. Their music is extremely upbeat and fun – think Blondie, The New Pornographers, Weezer, Rilo Kiley, Los Campesinos, The Joy Formidable, Ra Ra Riot, Be Your Own Pet, The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, stuff like that.
The band, led by guitarist and singer Matt Roi Berger and vocalist Morgan Lynch, have been writing and recording songs since 2010, but they self-released their debut album Modern Dances earlier this year with funding from a Kickstarter campaign. It is one of the catchiest, most addictive rock albums to come out all year.
4. The best place to start with them is “Summer Skin,” the first track and first video from the album.
It’s a gleeful joyride of a song that grabs you in the first few seconds, and then zooms off at top speed. It’s amazing, but it’s only just the beginning of an album that is packed with extremely energetic, ridiculously hooky songs.
6. The band also made a video for “New Age,” which is basically a big ballad played at a very fast pace with new wave keyboards.
8. If you love the record, go run around and tell everyone you know. They’re a small band doing everything entirely on their own, and need your help getting the word out.
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘