1. Prince’s company, NPG Records, has shut down at least eight Vine clips featuring “unauthorized recordings” and “unauthorized synchronizations” of his music.
2. Twitter complied, and all of the clips are gone, and no one seems to know exactly what was in them. Going on the complaint, it could be a few seconds of concert footage, or in some cases, people lip-synching along with his music.
4. This shouldn’t be too surprising. Prince, more than any other major pop star, has been very active in keeping his music off of YouTube, file sharing services, and other unofficial platforms for sharing music online.
HT The Next Web
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- At least five people were killed as intense flash floods swept through parts of Texas.
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯