2. An announcement like that would normally be kinda zzzzz, but it’s a very big deal since their last record came out in 1991, and it was “Loveless,” one of the most influential rock albums of the past 30 years.
3. It’s easy to say that any beloved old record is a “classic,” but it’s actually hard to understate the impact of “Loveless.” The fact that the band have been silent ever since has only increased the album’s mystique.
4. My Bloody Valentine mastermind Kevin Shields has been working on a followup to “Loveless” since the mid-’90s, but being a notorious perfectionist, he’s scrapped several drafts over the years.
5. In the time since, Shields has done some remixes, and been a member of Primal Scream.
6. Shields also contributed some new songs to the “Lost in Translation” soundtrack.
7. My Bloody Valentine were effectively defunct as a band until 2008, when they went out on a reunion tour.
- Palantir, one of the most secretive companies in Silicon Valley, is grappling with a wave of staff departures and the loss of key clients.
- U.S. foreign policy figures are raising concerns about a close Trump aide's ties to allies of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- And Labour's Sadiq Khan is London's newly elected mayor. He's the first Muslim to lead a major European capital city.