2. An announcement like that would normally be kinda zzzzz, but it’s a very big deal since their last record came out in 1991, and it was “Loveless,” one of the most influential rock albums of the past 30 years.
3. It’s easy to say that any beloved old record is a “classic,” but it’s actually hard to understate the impact of “Loveless.” The fact that the band have been silent ever since has only increased the album’s mystique.
4. My Bloody Valentine mastermind Kevin Shields has been working on a followup to “Loveless” since the mid-’90s, but being a notorious perfectionist, he’s scrapped several drafts over the years.
5. In the time since, Shields has done some remixes, and been a member of Primal Scream.
6. Shields also contributed some new songs to the “Lost in Translation” soundtrack.
7. My Bloody Valentine were effectively defunct as a band until 2008, when they went out on a reunion tour.
- Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Moonlight." He's the first Muslim actor to win an Oscar 🏆👏
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲