2. An announcement like that would normally be kinda zzzzz, but it’s a very big deal since their last record came out in 1991, and it was “Loveless,” one of the most influential rock albums of the past 30 years.
3. It’s easy to say that any beloved old record is a “classic,” but it’s actually hard to understate the impact of “Loveless.” The fact that the band have been silent ever since has only increased the album’s mystique.
4. My Bloody Valentine mastermind Kevin Shields has been working on a followup to “Loveless” since the mid-’90s, but being a notorious perfectionist, he’s scrapped several drafts over the years.
5. In the time since, Shields has done some remixes, and been a member of Primal Scream.
6. Shields also contributed some new songs to the “Lost in Translation” soundtrack.
7. My Bloody Valentine were effectively defunct as a band until 2008, when they went out on a reunion tour.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.