1. The Pixies announced this morning that original bassist and singer Kim Deal has quit the band.
3. It’s unclear whether or not The Pixies will carry on without Kim. The band has only ever existed in its original four-member lineup, and they’ve only been together to play sporadic reunion tours since reforming in 2004.
4. It’s hard to imagine why anyone would want to hear a version of The Pixies that didn’t include Kim Deal. Her distinctive bass style and backing vocals are crucial to the band’s sound.
5. And Kim sings lead on “Gigantic,” one of their most famous songs.
8. Kim Deal has been pretty busy lately with her other band, The Breeders. Their most popular album, Last Splash, was recently reissued, and they’ve been playing that entire album on tour around the world.
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.