1. Jack White has been slapped with a restraining order by a judge on behalf of his ex-wife Karen Elson.
The Nashville City Paper reports that Elson sought the restraining order after months of threats and harassment in the two years after their split, which was celebrated with a “breakup party” intended to show that the two were parting on good terms.
Elson has custody of their two children, and has claimed that White is unfit to be a parent. The order says that she “fears for her and the children’s safety as a result of this harassment,” and claims that White has a violent temper and tendency to send menacing emails and texts.
One of the more interesting aspects of Elson’s restraining order is the suggestion that White is excessively jealous of other musicians.
Recently, according to the filing, White wanted Elson to contact their kids’ private school in an effort to get their kids out of a class in which another entertainer’s child was present. White said that he feels that entertainer “ripped off” his music, the order said.
In another incident, White berated Elson when she attended the wedding of a rival musician. Again, he was upset because this entertainer also “ripped off” his music, according to the order. The musician was unnamed in the court filing.
Elson, who was married to White for six years, has been clashing with him for months over parenting rights and the terms of their divorce. She claims he has been pressuring her, and wrote an email to her in which he laid down an ultimatum: “I’m not extending this anymore, and we’re not getting lawyers involved to rip me off.”
White is now barred from any contact with Elson aside from emails relating to arranging parenting time with their children. There will be a hearing on Aug. 29th to resolve the custody dispute over the children.
- President Trump is ordering a review of all of America's national monuments that were created in the past two decades.
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔