Ultimate Mini Burgers
2 medium white or yellow onions
2 milliliters vanilla extract
4 mini burger patties
4 mini burger buns
4 slices cheese
7.5 milliliters olive oil
7.5 milliliters unsalted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Thinly slice onions and place in a heavy skillet with butter and oil.
2. Sauté over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until translucent.
3. Turn heat down to low and simmer 1 hour or until significantly reduced. Should be sticky and caramel brown.
4. Add vanilla and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
5. Season burger patties with salt and pepper.
6. Cook in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, until brown on both sides and cooked through (160°F) (about 10-12 min).
7. Top with cheese and a spoonful of onion.
8. Serve with a refreshing Pepsi Max Vanilla and enjoy!