34 Ways To Make Your Stuff Last As Long As Possible
If you're in the process of trying to save money, every little bit counts. These tips will help you stretch that dollar.
1. Make your candles burn longer by placing them in the freezer for 24 hours prior to using.
2. Cut your sponges in half.
3. Mix your nice hand soap with water and dispense from a foam handwash bottle.
4. When the eraser on your mechanical pencil gets down to an infinitesimal nub....
5. Make a bouquet of flowers last longer by adding a capful of vodka.
6. Use an olive oil bottle for your dishwashing liquid.
7. Store your salsa and marinara sauce jars upside down in the fridge.
8. Placing a paper towel in with your salad lettuce will keep it fresh all week long.
9. Break your bananas apart.
10. Double your butter by whipping it with equal parts water.
11. Store onions, garlic, and shallots in a paper bag punched with holes.
12. Keep your bread fresh with the celery trick.
13. Don't touch your cheese when you are cutting it.
14. Add a dab of butter to the cut ends of cheese.
15. Buy organic milk.
16. Dab your skincare, don't dollop it.
17. Add a couple drops of saline solution to your mascara when it starts to dry out.
18. Save a bottle of old, thickened nail polish with just a couple drops of nail polish thinner.
Whatever you do, just don't use nail polish remover!
19. Swipe your nails with vinegar before applying nail polish — it'll make your manicure last for 2+ weeks.
20. Store your foundation in the fridge.
21. To keep your hair color in longer, use an SPF.
Mix one teaspoon of milky SPF 25 sunscreen and ½ cup of water and shake in a spray bottle. Spray into your hair before going out into the sun.