37 Things To DIY Instead Of Buy For Your Wedding
Planning a wedding can totally consume you. These easy projects take less than an hour, and you'll be able to shave some unnecessary expenses from your decorating budget.
1. Paper Cone Rice Tossers
2. Framed Blackboard Wedding Program
3. Succulent Corsages for the Groom and Groomsmen
4. Celestial Wire Orbs
These DIY orbs take only a minute to make, and add a little sparkle to any table setting. Get the full directions here.
5. Pre-Mixed Mason Jar Cocktails
6. Easy Make-Ahead Floral Table Centerpieces
7. Colorful Yarn Backdrop
8. Ribbon-Tied Chairs
9. Ribbon-Tied Backdrop
This method uses wrapped wire ties, which is faster than knotting and helps to make the ribbon drape more neatly.
10. Paper Doilies and Twine Table Settings
11. Pom Pom Vines
12. Photo Family Tree
13. Dip-Dyed Thrifted Silverware
14. Paper Lantern Columns
15. DIY Rope Words
16. Bowtie Napkins
17. Painted Glass Votives
18. Vintage Book Table Numbers
19. Simple Craft Paper Placemats
20. Apple Aisle Planters
21. Hanging Sunflower Pomanders
22. Candles in Terracotta Pots
23. Lavender and Tulle Chairbacks
24. Lavender and Twine Wrapped Candles
25. Polaroid Cake Toppers
A simple and striking cake topper idea.
26. Felt Ringbearer's Pillow
27. Mason Jar and Twine Flower Holders
28. Ring Pop Bridesmaid Proposals
29. Chair Seating Cards
So simple, and all it requires is a little paper printing, cutting, and folding. Get the directions here.
30. DIY Veil
31. Miniature Pumpkin Food Markers for a Fall Wedding
32. Polaroid Photo Booth
33. Love Note Aisle Runner
34. Rope-Wrapped Vases
35. Washi Tape Table Runner and Backdrop
When it's all part of your color scheme, washi tape doesn't have to look chintzy. More inspiration here.
36. Photo Album Guestbook
This is also a great way for guests to include any photos or Polaroids of themselves.
Instead of a photobooth, set up an impromptu iPad photobooth at the guestbook station. You can easily set up a self-explanatory photo station using an iPad and an Airprint-enabled printer. You can even use the app Pocketbooth to print out photobooth style photos.