17. Paint Vaseline over any tiny areas you DON’T want painted, like screws or hinges.
Lay it on thick, and proceed as normal. After the paint has dried, go over the area with a paper towel and the paint will wipe right off! This is a great trick for spray-painting!
*** You can also use chapstick.
19. When using this no-tape method, keep a wet rag on hand to wipe up any paint slip-ups.
26. Need to take a break or waiting for paint to dry? Wrap your brush/roller in a plastic bag to keep it from hardening.
According to SAS Interiors, you want to keep air from getting to the paintbrush. Wrap a plastic bag over the brush and seal it with a rubber band. It’ll keep the brush from hardening for weeks.
*** Bonus tip: keep the brush in the fridge.
30. If you’re painting an old piece of furniture, use wood filler if there are a lot of dents and scratches.
39. When painting over existing paint, it’s important to know whether the old paint is latex or oil by doing this simple test.
Rub a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol over the painted surface. If your cotton ball has paint on it, the surface is latex. If not, the surface is oil based paint. If it’s oil-based, you’ll need a coat of oil-based primer before starting.
42. To ensure clean lines when painting stripes, seal the edges of the tape with a light coat of the original color.
Let it dry, and then proceed painting with the new color. When the tape peels off, the color that bleeds through is the original color, not the new color. If this is confusing, go here for more details.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- Exactly 75 years ago today, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the executive order authorizing the internment of Japanese-Americans.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩