3. If you have a hard time sticking to any diet, go with just one simple rule: NO MORE PROCESSED FOODS.
If you’re especially reliant on pre-packaged foods, you’ll start feeling better within a week just following this one rule. Cutting out high-fructose corn syrup will make a huge difference unto itself.
6. If you absolutely must order fast food, get the kids’ meal. Or order a couple things off the dollar menu.
Two things off the dollar menu and a salad. This will satisfy your craving without making you feel completely gross afterward.
12. Keep a pair of dumbbells under your bed and another set in your living room.
Have a few go-to exercises and perform them when you wake up in the morning and before you go to bed. Keeping a pair of dumbbells near wherever you watch television will make you compelled to do a few reps during commercial breaks or bouts of boredom.
16. Trade your soda addiction for seltzer.
If you’re trying to drink less soda, transitioning to seltzer is much easier than going straight to water.
18. Get used to cold showers.
If you’re feeling creatively stunted or just a little brain-dead, a cold shower will jolt you back to life. It’ll also encourage you to waste less time in the shower. Read more here about why you should switch to cold showers.
20. Only use your small plates.
Wait at least five minutes before refilling your plate to evaluate whether or not you really need seconds.
- Charlotte police will release video of Keith Lamont Scott's death today, the police chief says.
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture has officially opened in Washington, DC.