1. Build a window cornice to hide ugly drapery rods and add a touch of polish to your windows.
2. Conceal your router in fancy storage boxes.
3. Or hollow out an old book.
4. Hide unsightly pipes in the basement behind mini-blinds.
5. Cover up an AC unit with a chalkboard cover.
You'll have to build a wooden frame, but if you have any carpentry skills whatsoever, it's oh so worth it. Directions here.
6. Similarly, hide a thermostat or home alarm with a canvas on hinges.
7. Wallpaper the fridge.
8. Or give it a coat of chalkboard paint.
9. Stash your laundry hampers in extra deep drawers.
10. Use clear Muji bottle dispensers as an elegant way to store your not-so-pretty beauty products.
Your Cetaphil and dandruff shampoo don't need to be broadcast to the world. Empty the product into one of these lovely Muji pump bottles.
11. Use doormats and spray paint to make a decorative vent or electrical box cover.
12. Use an inexpensive printed canvas from IKEA to hide your flatscreen TV.
13. Hide your cords in trim.
This will make your television blend in seamlessly with your mantel and fireplace. See how they accomplished this here.
14. Update a dresser to create a drawer for your printer.
Your giant gray printer relic doesn't exactly fit into your classic modern decor. Get the instructions for this clever DIY here.
15. Turn wires into wall art with these wire blooms clips.
Or build an equally cute mini-fence.
16. Cover up those cheap-looking wire shelves in a pantry or closet.
17. Transform a plain door with paint and masking tape.
This easy DIY adds depth and class to any boring entryway.
18. For a window AC unit, hang café-style curtains on a tension rod.
19. This crown molding shelf hides your paper towels.
20. Put a styrofoam cooler inside of an IKEA wicker chest.
21. Use a stenciled pegboard to cover up an ugly wall.
22. Camouflage an oddly placed light switch plate with a photo gallery.
No one will even stop to ponder why there's an effing light switch in the middle of the wall. See how she did this here.
23. Hang a black drop cloth behind your desk to hide a tangled mass of wires.
This couple used Bucky Ball magnets to affix the cloth, making this a supremely easy DIY.
24. Turn a low drawer into a pet-feeding hutch.
25. Spray-paint your folding chairs.
26. Instead of your standard garment rack, opt for a ceiling rope-hung rack instead.
27. Turn those nettlesome basement poles into stately columns with molding.
And paint them an accent color.
28. You can actually paint any ugly tile floors you're not crazy about.
29. Buy or sew your own crate cover for the pup.
30. Stash peek-a-boo plants in your cinder blocks.
31. Use electrical tape to make over your washing machines.
32. Install a rolling recycling bin in your kitchen counter or island.
33. Update your garage door with a fresh coat of paint.
34. Easily update your boring built-in bathtub with airstone.
35. Transition your backsplash into the wall seamlessly with a shelf bracket.
36. Keep your charging station in a kitchen or nightstand drawer, just by drilling some holes.
37. If you have popcorn ceilings, you can actually scrape the "popcorn" off.
It IS a labor-intensive project, and make sure you get tested for asbestos before you begin. Many homes built before 1978 have ceilings that contain asbestos. Get the full directions here.
You can also cover them with plaster.
38. Turn your balcony into a yard with astroturf.
39. Use hooks underneath your desk to keep wires out of the way.
40. Upholster your unsightly box springs with fabric and a staple gun.
41. Hide florescent lights in your home or office with these lattice covers.
You could repurpose covers out of an old headboard or cabinet door.