8. Fix a broken nail using a teabag and nail glue.
Watch this video for a demonstration.
20. Fix a smudge by licking it.
If you accidentally smudge a nail while it’s still wet, you can easily fix it by licking your finger and gently smoothing the smudge out (you can even use your tongue to smoothe). The saliva reacts with the nail polish to soften and blend the surface. (Remember: LICK don’t EAT.)
A product called smudge repair works similarly.
21. Soak nails in a solution of water and white vinegar before applying nail polish.
You could also just wipe your nails using a paper towel dampened with vinegar. Vinegar will strip the nails of any oils or moisturizers left over from polish remover in order to prevent bubbles. It helps the polish adhere better, therefore prolonging your manicure.
22. Use VapoRub for nail infections.
The ingredient thymol works on bacterial and yeast infections of the nail plate.
23. Apply thick hand cream before removing polish if you have pale skin.
If you have pale skin, taking off dark nail polish can stain your hands and make you look like you just killed someone. Apply a thick hand cream before removing the nail polish. Soak a cotton pad in remover and place on each nail for ten seconds, one by one. Apply pressure and slide the pad off each nail. Go back and clean up with a new cotton pad soaked in remover to get anything you might have missed.
25. If your nail polish is B3F, make sure your base coat and top coat are, too.
B3F stands for “Free from Formaldehyde, DBP & Toluene,” a standard which many new nail polishes have adopted. If you’ve ever woken up the morning after a manicure with smudges and dents on your nails, this could be the culprit. If the top coat isnt B3F, it will dry much faster than the polish underneath.
26. If the air is humid, wait extra long for your nails to dry.
Humidity can do all sorts of nasty things to a manicure, including the dreaded “bubbling” issue. If it’s extra humid outside, make sure you wait twice as long before doing anything that might put dents in your nails.
27. Don’t sit near a fan.
You might think it’ll help the nail polish dry faster, but the drafty air will just make bubbles and ruin your polish.
28. Use a regular old gel pen (like the kind from the office supply store) to draw intricate designs.
Apparently a black gel pen really works if you want precision. Reddit Laqueristas swear by the Muji .38 gel pen.
Warning: it takes some time to dry, so wait a good 30 minutes before adding the topcoat.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Rep. Devin Nunes defended calling a reporter at the behest of the White House, saying it didn't compromise his committee's investigation of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲