2. Get an IKEA family card for discounts (especially if you have kids).
Grab a plastic loyalty card at the front of the store and you’ll get free coffee or tea when you visit the restaurant (but not in a to-go cup, unfortunately).
Not only do you get discounts of seasonal items up to 25%, but you’ll also get BOGO free frozen yogurt when you pick up your card for the first time.
6. But if you want the best stuff, check out the As-Is section on a Monday.
Most people return stuff on the weekends, so the stock will be bigger and not as picked over.
12. Take advantage of Småland if you have children.
The first hour is free, and you get an extra thirty minutes if you’re an IKEA family member.
16. Make your furniture last longer with wood glue.
This especially helps if, say, a shelf feels wobbly once you’ve put it together. However, just be aware that using glue will make it that much harder to dismantle for a future move.
17. Look out for the (up to) 20% off kitchen sale if you’re in the market for new cabinets or appliances.
This sale happens about 3-4 times a year, but it’s actually going on practically year round if you factor in the 90-day price protection you get with an IKEA Family membership. (You have to make your purchase as an IKEA Family transaction.)
So if you miss the sale, there should be another one within three months. You can simply take your receipt to customer service and get a credit for the discount.
18. Make returns first thing in the morning.
IKEA. It’s kind of like the DMV.
Since it’s a take-your-ticket-and-sit-your-ass-down system, you want to get there before the line gets way out of control. Especially since making returns/exchanges are such a pain to do in the first place.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app, Meitu. Say cheese 📸