2. Don’t leave soap sitting in water.
It will dissolve 50% faster.
5. Try the “No Poo” method of cleaning hair.
Some people have had great success eliminating the whole wash-and-condition hair regime. They claim it rejuvenates the hair shaft and fixes any dandruff issues. Instead of using shampoo, massage baking soda into the scalp to clarify and follow with an apple cider vinegar hair rinse. Conditioner is usually a lemon juice/vinegar mix.
Read more about it here.
6. Switch from coffee to tea.
Easier said than done, but tea bags are usually cheaper than coffee beans.
Always brew tea in a teapot to maximize a single tea bag. You won’t get the bitter taste that comes with reusing. Or, better yet, use loose tea leaves, which are meant to be reused.
25. Make mascara last 3x longer.
When it starts drying out, just add a couple drops of saline solution.
28. Sharpen a disposable razor on a pair of jeans and it’ll last up to 6 months.
Slide your razor across the entire length of jeans 10-20 times to take the nicks out of the blade. Then switch directions. Also, be sure to prevent oxidation/rust by keeping the razor dry between uses.
30. If you shop at Target, here are some tips:
“EVERY Target shopper NEEDS to know this: If the price ends in 8, it will be marked down again. If it ends in a 4, it’s the lowest it will be. Target’s mark down schedule. - MONDAY: Kids’ Clothing, Stationery (office supplies, gift wrap), Electronics. TUESDAY: Women’s Clothing and Domestics. WEDNESDAY: Men’s Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty. THURSDAY: Lingerie, Shoes, Housewares. FRIDAY: cosmetics.”
Another Target tip: get Target coupons online and STACK them with manufacturers’ coupons.
33. Buy your essentials from AliExpress.com, if you don’t mind long shipping times.
Shipping can take upwards of 3 weeks, but where else can you get bamboo fiber socks for 81 cents apiece (with free shipping)?
Two tips: don’t expect the best quality, and do your research.
35. Always check RetailMeNot.com before purchasing anything online.
Always check this site before hitting the checkout button. Or you can do a Google search for the company name + “coupon” or “promo code.”
Download the RetailMeNot app and you can attempt to use the coupons while shopping in-store.
If you can’t find a discount code, email customer service and ask for one, especially if it’s your first time shopping with the retailer.
36. Share a Costco, Sam’s Club, or BJ’s membership.
Rules vary on whether a different credit card name can be used, but if you bring cash, you should be fine.
Or, just give $10 to a friend who has a Costco membership and ask them to buy you a $10 gift card. According to Consumerist, if you receive a gift card to Costco’s, you can get in to shop without a membership.
37. Sign up for the Victoria’s Secret mailing list.
Sure, you’ll get an annoying catalog every week, but you’ll also get a coupon for a FREE PANTY every month. Never buy underwear again!
39. Find out if you’re eligible for any discounts.
40. Recruit an affiliate buddy if you frequently buy things from Amazon.com.
Sign up for their affiliate program, and convince a friend who also shops often on Amazon to do the same. When they use your affiliate code, you get up to 15% back on their purchase, and vice versa.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.