1. With a little wood stain and a miter saw, you can make the Lack shelf ($19.99) look like floating reclaimed wood.
2. Swap out the legs of any Ikea sofa.
3. Attach crown molding to the top of your Billy bookcases ($79.99).
4. Spraypaint your Ekby shelf brackets ($22.99) a metallic gold or copper.
5. Add legs to an Expedit shelving unit ($19).
7. Cover the Klubbo coffee table ($49.99) with marble contact paper.
8. A genius idea for those of you who own Ikea kitchen cabinets: Fill the holes for a more seamless, custom look.
9. Replace cheap plastic casters with nice brass ones.
A set of four casters costs $20.