Save the Date Rules and Etiquette:
1) Send them out six months before the ceremony. Any earlier and you run the risk of your date or venue changing.
2) If you want to save money, only send them to out-of-town guests and people you know will need to plan far in advance.
3) They are a must for destination weddings, or if your wedding happens to fall on a three-day holiday weekend.
4) If you’re going with a quirky photo or motif, be cautious about who you’re sending them to. Especially if you have any relatives on the conservative side.
5) Be upfront about who’s invited. Does the guest receive a plus-one? Are you banning children from your wedding? It’s important to note this in the content of the card.
6) Remember to add “Invitation to Follow.”
7) Don’t forget to include your wedding website URL.
20. The Video
This one’s based on the “Yankee Review” scene from Rushmore.
- The State Department has faulted Hillary Clinton for breaking email rules and failing to manage cybersecurity risks as Secretary of State.
- 11 states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- Russia has freed Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko, who was convicted of murdering two Russian journalists in 2014.