In a delicious update of '90s "sliming" game shows, we got our hands on a Cheeseblaster that would do just that — blast mounds of nacho cheese — if our volunteers could correctly answer trivia questions about cheese, that is. Check out the best blastings below!
1. From which language does the word "cheese" originate?
Nice enthusiasm. "A" for hustle.
2. The world's largest wheel of cheese was made of what?
Gouda answer. You guys... get it? You guys!
3. How many grilled cheese sandwiches does the average American eat per year?
It's approximately 8.4. He never even came close, but we blasted him anyway. YOLO.
4. What is the term used to describe someone who sells cheese professionally?
We heard that one was an SAT word a few years back, so anyone could have gotten that right.
5. Which country produces the most cheese?
6. Which country EATS the most cheese annually?
He wanted that blast of cheese almost as much as the average Greek wants to eat annually!
P.S. The average Greek person consumes 63 POUNDS OF CHEESE PER YEAR.
7. Which cheese is most often ordered on burgers?
Hmm. It's almost as if — no, it can't be — people like American cheese on hamburgers because they're... American? No way.
8. What animal's cheese is the most expensive?
Yes, we were a little... premature with the cheese blast. Can you blame us?!
9. What's the best-selling cheese in the United States?
Well, sure, because mozzarella is as American as... pizza. Yeah, that all adds up.
10. How did the first cheese arrive in America?
Turns out this one's convenient and strange knowledge of history just smoothly sailed into a blast of cheese to the face.
11. How many varieties of cheese are there?
(To be fair, we gave him a few options to choose from... but like, 2,000?! Who would have thought, right?)
12. How much cheese does the average American consume annually?
31, but still. What are you doing? Stop consuming. STOP CONSUMING RIGHT NOW YOUNG MAN.
13. What's the best-selling cheese in the United Kingdom?
More like ched-duh.
14. How many pounds of cheese does the United States produce every year?
Listen buddy, we're not interested in your sass. We're only interested in your Swiss.
15. Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin once said, “A dinner which ends without cheese is like…” what?
The answer — rather obviously — is "a beautiful woman with only one eye." Come on.
All images by BuzzFeed.
When it comes to tacos, more cheese is pure magic:
Get cheese blasted with Old El Paso™ Bold Stand ‘n Stuff™ Nacho Cheese Taco Shells.