1. Mater Mea, a website devoted to sharing and celebrating the stories of women of color, recently released a powerful video about how mothers see their black children vs. how society sees them.
3. “My son is going to be very, very tall and he’s going to be big. I don’t want people thinking my son is some kind of monster, or predator, or beast. That’s how they talk about our children – particularly the teenagers. They think that they’re superhuman just because of their size.”
4. And young black men are not the only ones facing adversity… young women do, too.
“Sometimes teachers tend to not know what kind of home life we come from. They probably assume whatever it is that they assume about little black girls living in urban areas.”
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- Over 18,000 households in Flint, Michigan, will receive new water lines, more than two years after dangerous levels of lead were found in the city's water supply.
- After Donald Trump and the Republicans spectacularly failed to repeal Obamacare, Wall Street now realizes that massive tax cuts may not happen 😅 💸
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥