26 Things To Help Liven Up Your Sad, Bare Walls
If your walls have no personality, it's time to give them some.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A blueprint poster of Cinderella's castle to add a spellbinding touch to your (probably-not-spellbinding-because-you-don't-have-this-yet) walls.
2. A woven wall hanging for an effortless and dreamy exhibit of pattern on your rather plain (read: dull) room.
3. A set of magical waterproof fairy lights to hang on your walls or curtains so any room will instantly be transformed into a dazzling and cozy fairy den.
4. A wall decal of pretty birch trees to give your home a fairytale setting so you can pretend you're a traveller in a dark wood in the middle of winter.
5. A super cool neon light sign to channel that ~night out in the city~ atmosphere right in your home so you don't have to, you know, actually go out in the city.
6. A metal wall grid panel for a super creative and functional way to add character to your walls by displaying photo cards, pictures, and any keepsakes that are just too pretty to hide. Make a Polaroid bulletin or travel board — it's an adorable way to show off your decor skills and your memories!
7. A pretty macramé wall mirror to add a boho touch to any wall or corner. It also looks fancy enough that you can trick everyone into thinking you paid a lot more for it than you actually did.
8. A striking tapestry that will brighten up any bare wall and make you wish you could enter the painting and be among the mountains. Guess the park nearby will have to do.
9. Or, a wall decal of flowering tree branches to freshen up the room and bring some of the openness of outdoors inside. Then, you can at least pretend you hear the rustling of the trees and feel the wind in your hair....
10. Hanging fairy string photo lights that come with transparent photo clips to hold your Polaroids, photos, tickets and other keepsakes on it — it's a fun alternative to hanging up frames! You get storage benefits *and* wall decor in one. A pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
11. A set of wooden floating shelves that will add a clean and elegant touch while also adding to your wall decor and giving you more storage space. Time to dance your heart away without stubbing your toe into anything!
12. A delicate floral tapestry for a distinctive and easy wall makeover. Just put it up and voila, you've got yourself a flower-tastic wall.
13. A brass panel curtain tie-back shaped like tree branches. It'll add some texture to your wall and is great for perfecting the whole "fairytale setting" vibe, amirite?
14. A framed little chalkboard you can tack up on any wall and use to display your own chalk art, write to-do lists, or put your own spin on cliché inspirational quotes. Though, can you really beat "Live, laugh, love?"
15. A canvas wall art piece displaying pretty blue flowers that'll make you feel at peace all day everyday.
16. Or, if you're not into large art and like smaller pieces, a set of minimalist art prints that will look clean and bright, liven up your wall, and, in turn, your room, and maybe, just maybe, your soul too.
17. A three-tiered floating shelf with wrought iron pipes for a super cool look that can veer toward industrial, rustic, steampunk, vintage, vampirish...the sky's the limit, they say.
18. A distinctive geometric mirror to break up the monotony of a bare wall and catch the eye of everyone who walks in.
19. A sweet and serene little painting you can't help but fall in love with. It'll make you feel like ending your Netflix binge and actually going out to breathe fresh air!
20. A rustic vintage-style wall clock for when you still want to make a statement but don't want to make it look like you tried too hard. Plus, this one has a silent non-ticking mechanism so you won't be annoyed when you're trying to sleep or work or just chill.
21. A floor-to-ceiling sheer curtain set to make not just your walls and windows but your entire ROOM look different.
22. A medieval-style iron metal art piece to mount on your wall for a gorgeous yet simple statement. Everyone will applaud your decor skills!
23. A scrapbook shadow box frame for all those movie tickets, Polaroids, seashells, and other memorabilia that would otherwise just remain in a box under your bed. People use these to preserve things like baby clothes, dried flowers, and insects too! Seriously, there's no limit.
24. A decorative and extremely useful wood organizing box that holds your mail and has hooks! You can finally keep your kitchen table clear, spruce up your wall, and stop losing your keys all at once. Thank me later.
25. A hanging wall display with twine and clips. It's a charmingly rustic way to give your walls some personality and show off all those photos from your recent trip or that autographed playbill from the play you saw.
26. A bright window curtain set so vibrantly colorful, everyone will ask if you painted the flowers yourself.
You at your room after this home improvement project:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.