1. 1920s: smocks, collared shirts, and short ‘dos.
Playing sports in tights and smock dresses seems less than ideal, but these gals made it look good.
3. 1940s: patterned blouses and dresses with pretty detailing.
The 1940s introduces separates with feminine touches, like this blouse with 8,000 buttons guaranteed to make someone late to class.
5. And who could forget the ubiquitous poodle skirt?
Only cool if you have a matching poodle, really.
8. …and platforms of ankle-defying heights.
10. 1990s: paisleys and stripes, colorful tights, and grungy oversized tops.
The ’90s may seem like they were simpler times, but have you ever tried to pair a paisley shirt with your daily go-to flannel? That’s as difficult as fashion should ever get.