1. Whenever you saw a bag of frijoles and you knew your mom was gonna make you wash them.
2. Whenever you were forced to heat up the tortillas like this:
3. Whenever your mom would pull out one of these three objects:
4. Catalina Creel from Cuna de Lobos.
5. Watching any of the many messed up news stories on Primer Impacto:
6. El Cucuy.
Otherwise known as the mythical creature your mom would use to scare the living shit out of you and put you to sleep.
Mom:"¡Duérmete o le llamo al cucuy!"
Me: "¡AMA! ¡POR FAVOR! ¡NOOOOO!!!!
7. Whenever you were next in line at the supermarket checkout and your mom was like, "I forgot the milk. Hold up."
8. When your mom is talking to your tía in Mexico, who you've never met, and then she suddenly passes the phone over to you.
9. Even though you were born in the U.S., your palms would get sweaty as you drove across the border back from Mexico.
10. When your mom would serve you nopales for dinner.
11. When you cursed at your mom in public and you IMMEDIATELY regretted it.
Mom: (In a soft but deadly voice) "...Ahorita vas a ver... hijo de tu madre..."
12. When your cousin would ask you to be her chambelan at her Quinceañera.
13. Standing around a piñata at someone's birthday party...
...because somehow you ended up being the piñata.
14. El Chacal from Sabado Gigante.