Before you buy...
1. Learn the different terms for the shoes you want, so you'll always know what to search or ask for.
Charts via Enérie.
2. Know your conversions.
3. If you're going shoe shopping IRL, do it in the evening.
To get that bespoke fit...
4. Make your own shoe stretching serum for too-tight feet and calves.
5. Or, simply stretch your shoes in the freezer.
6. Alternatively, use heat to your advantage.
7. On the other hand, if your shoes are too big, you're gonna need some padding.
Fill in the gaps with Dr. Scholl's Rub Relief Strips ($9.49), or inserts like Foot Petals Sexy Soles ($23.95), which can be cut to size.
And, to protect your investment...
8. Waterproof. Seriously.
9. Lengthen your soles' life with a pair of protectors.
10. Heel caps can be your temporary hero.
11. Shoe Goo is your friend.
12. Don't underestimate a good shining or scrubbing.
And now for the fun stuff — customizing!
13. If you hate lacing up every day, there's a hack for that.
15. Or, if they're not quite the right color leather, you can dye 'em.
Here's how. Works for suede, too.