We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us what moment from Grey's Anatomy haunts them to this day. Grab some tissues and get ready to relive some heartbreak.
Warning: 14 seasons worth of spoilers ahead!
1. When Derek "McDreamy" Shepherd died and broke us into a million pieces.
2. When Meredith had to explain to her kids that their dad wasn't coming home.
3. When Burke left Cristina at the altar and we all cried alongside her.
4. When Lexie knew she was going to die after the horrific plane crash.
5. When we sat there and watched Mark relive all his happy memories before he died.
6. When Lexie and Mark were both gone and we realized we'd never get to see their happy ending.
7. When Izzie and Denny's love story was cut short after he unexpectedly died.
8. When we learned that "John Doe" was actually George.
9. When Jackson and April lost Samuel.
10. The infamous train accident that made us feel for two complete strangers.
11. Cristina's final words of wisdom to Meredith before she left.
12. When Bailey helped a father say goodbye to his dying daughter.
13. When we watched Adele Webber go through Alzheimer's.
14. When Meredith was brutally attacked by a patient.
15. When Henry died on Cristina's operating table...and she didn't even know.
16. When there was an active shooter in Seattle Grace Hospital.
17. From when Alex was found bleeding out in the elevator...
18. ...to when Cristina had to perform surgery on Derek with a gun to her head.
19. And of course, when Bailey tried desperately to save Charles.
20. When Meredith had her hand on a bomb inside a patient.
21. When Maggie's mom died of cancer.
22. When Owen hurt Cristina during a PTSD episode.
23. When Meredith and Derek had to say goodbye to their dog.
24. When Alex had to institutionalize Rebecca.
25. When Demi Lovato's character showed up and proceeded to rip our hearts out.
26. Anytime "How to Save a Life" or "Chasing Cars" started playing.
27. And basically every time a character cried, laughed, or even spoke.
We're going to send our therapy bills to Shonda.
Want to be featured in similar BuzzFeed posts? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.