33 "Grey's Anatomy" Scenes That Will Always Be Emotionally Devastating
"Everybody in this damn room is her family."
1. First, "John Doe" wrote "007" on Meredith's hand, and she found out that he was actually George.
2. When Derek died after not being properly treated at a hospital.
3. And then, when Meredith had to explain to Zola and Bailey that Derek was dead.
4. When Denny died and Alex had to physically lift Izzie out of his hospital bed.
5. When Lexie finally told Mark how she felt but ended up dying a few episodes later.
6. And then, when Mark finally told Lexie he loved her right before she died.
7. When Mark died weeks after everyone was rescued.
8. When Cristina told Owen what happened in the woods after the plane crash.
9. When Adele died during Bailey's wedding, and Richard didn't want to tell her.
10. When Cristina and Meredith danced it out one last time before Cristina left Grey Sloan.
11. When Bailey comforted a dying little girl all day, then told her dad that she ultimately needed him.
12. When Samuel heartbreakingly died in April and Jackson's arms.
13. When Dylan blew up after he helped Meredith successfully remove a bomb from a patient.
14. When all of the women at Grey Sloan lined the hall to usher a sexual assault survivor into surgery.
15. When Burke broke up with Cristina on their wedding day.
16. And then, when Meredith had to cut Cristina out of her wedding dress.
17. When Bonnie and Tom were impaled during a train accident, and Bonnie died in order to save Tom.
18. When Meredith thought Derek died while Cristina was operating on him after he was shot.
19. When Bailey realized the elevators weren't working and Charles was going to die.
20. When Lexie and Mark found Alex after he had been shot in the elevator.
21. When we learned that Mary died a few weeks after the hospital shooting.
22. When Meredith was attacked by a patient and had to have her jaw wired shut.
23. And when Alex reminded Richard that everyone working on Meredith was her family.
24. When Cristina welcomed George into the "Dead Dads Club."
25. When Callie and Arizona were getting divorced and fought for custody of Sofia.
26. When Becca, the only survivor of a fatal crash, told Alex her graduation speech while all of her other friends died.
27. When Cristina found out that the patient she lost was actually Henry.
28. When Maggie's mom, Diane, heartbreakingly died from cancer.
29. When Amelia found out that she had a brain tumor.
30. When Bailey gave this speech about being able to save her patients, but she wasn't able to prevent her miscarriage.
31. When everyone was anxiously waiting for Meredith to wake up after she almost drowned.
32. When Zola was temporarily taken away from Meredith and Derek.
33. And finally, when Meredith thought Ellis was still lucid and told her that she wanted to have a proper chance to get to know each other.
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.