1. Just add “GIF” to the front of a YouTube URL, like this:
2. Search #artistname to land on a musician’s topic page.
Full albums are arranged into video playlists in the “Albums” section.
5. Find the “Autoplay” button on the top right and click it to disable. The slider should go from blue to gray.
In “theater mode” (more on this below), the Autoplay button is just below the video player on the right.
When Autoplay is on, recommended videos will play continuously until you navigate away from YouTube.
6. View a larger version of the video by clicking on “Theater Mode.” It’s the rectangular icon at the bottom right of the video player.
This handy chart reveals which ISPs are most equipped to handle high-definition streaming.
8. Try ‘em!
- k = pause or play
- j = rewind 10 seconds
- l = fast-forward 10 seconds
- m = mute
- Number 0 = go to the beginning of the video
- Numbers 1 to 9 = jump to 10% to 90% of the video
While captions are on:
- + = make caption font bigger
- - = make caption font smaller
9. Go to youtube.com/testtube, scroll to the bottom, and click “Get the player.”
The new player has a transparent control bar and scales to any screen size.
10. If you own a smart TV or Chromecast, you can beam YouTube videos from your mobile device to a TV display over Wi-Fi.
Open the YouTube app on your TV or gaming console, then head to youtube.com/pair (make sure you’re signed in). On your TV, find Settings in the YouTube app, select Pair Device, and enter the code into youtube.com/pair.
Once your device is paired, you’ll be able to tap the icon shown above to start playing YouTube videos on your TV.
There are actually two ways to “Watch Later.”
12. Method 2: Hover over a search result and tap on the three-button options icon, then select Watch Later.
13. Right click (or ctrl + click) on a video to share it at a certain time.
14. You can also click on the Share tab and select “Start at: [x].”
This button will append this to your URL: “&t=1m30s.” If you want, you can also add this code manually. Just adjust the minutes (“m”) and seconds (“s”) to your preferred timestamp.
The app has big, colorful buttons and voice search capabilities so your little one can find videos even if they can’t type. You can also set timers so that they don’t go overboard with the cartoons.
For kids who are a bit older, it may be a good idea to enable Safety Mode, which keeps graphic/objectionable videos out of search results, for their YouTube accounts. Scroll to the bottom of any YouTube page and select “Safety: On.” On the mobile site, you’ll find it in menu > Settings (gear icon) > Safety Mode.
16. If your videos are taking forever to load, change the default streaming quality for your account.
Go to youtube.com/account_playback and select this option: “I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video.”
18. The Letters of YouTube are a compilation of the site’s most viral videos in various categories like beauty, song covers, and fails.
Relive the good ol’ days.
Add these terms to help you refine search results:
- Add “channel” or “playlist”
- Add “HD” for high-definition or “3D” for three-dimensional videos
- Add “allintitle” to get an exact match of your search query
- Add quotation marks, as well as a plus or minus sign to include or omit results (for example: “beyonce” + “destiny’s child” OR “beyonce” - “jay-z”)
24. Click on the gear icon > Speed > select “.5” or “.25” to play a video in slow motion.
Slow-mo is especially helpful for tutorials!
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- Amazon unveiled a new hands-free camera with a "Style Check" feature that can tell you which outfit looks best on you 👕👖
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋