13 Ways To Clean Your Gadgets With Everyday Items
Use stuff you *already* own!
1. A toothbrush safely dislodges dirt from speaker mesh.
2. A cotton swab dipped in alcohol breaks down wax (ew) on the exterior.
But don't press too hard on the speaker grill. Cotton fibers may get stuck!
3. Tip: Turn your q-tip case into an earbud case to keep them from getting dirty while ~loose~ in your bag.
4. An interdental brush is perfectly-sized for cleaning the headphone jack on any device.
Make sure the device is turned off before inserting the brush into an audio port.
5. First, run a soft makeup brush in between the keys.
6. Tape works surprising well also.
7. Then use a swab dipped in alcohol to spot treat gunk around keys.
8. A lint-roller lifts dust right off of speaker grill fabric.
9. A small paintbrush clears up a phone or tablet's built-in speaker really well.
10. Remove grime and tape residue with a clean rag, warm water, and dishwashing soap.
11. Coffee filters make great screen dusters.
12. This cheap, 2-ingredient homemade cleaner helps tackle dirtier screens.
It's so simple: mix 1 part vinegar or 1 part isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) with equal parts distilled water. This solution won't leave streaks behind, and fingerprints will come right off your display.