Vegan Cookies And Cream Cheesecake
Servings: 12- 14
3-3½ cups cashews
2 tablespoons coconut oil
30 vegan chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
1 cup coconut cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Additional cookies to decorate top of cake, optional
1. Prepare the bottom of a 9-inch springform cake pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, soak cashews in boiling water for 1-2 hours.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, blend 20 cookies for 30 seconds, then pour in coconut oil and continue blending until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the cake pan to form an even layer. Freeze for 1 hour, or until the filling is prepared and ready.
5. Scrape the filling from 10 sandwich cookies and reserve both the filling and cookies.
6. Drain cashews and add to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until nuts start to ball up and stick together, approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute.
7. Add coconut cream and cookie cream filling to the cashews and blend until fully incorporated, then add lemon juice and continue to blend until smooth. It will resemble slightly coarser hummus.
8. Once smooth, crumble in half of the reserved scraped cookies and pulse until incorporated, but not crushed.
9. Remove the crust from the freezer and smooth out half of the filling over the bottom. Crumble the remaining scraped cookies on top, then smooth out remaining filling over it. Decorate as desired and freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.