We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their best tips for dealing with thick hair. Here are some of the most helpful answers.
1. Layer up your topknot to stop it from sliding down throughout the day.
2. Get a Goody Quikstyle brush to halve the drying time for your hair.
3. Cover your hair in silk at night.
4. Use the Wet Brush to detangle your hair after showering.
5. To tame curly and frizzy hair, try Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioner.
Dry your hair with a cotton T-shirt rather than a towel to reduce time and frizz.
6. To tame and make your hair smell delicious, apply It's a 10 Whipped Styling Balm before blow drying.
7. Try washing your hair with conditioner only (also known as co-washing).
8. If you're daring enough, get an undercut.
9. Treat yourself to the Redken Diamond Oil hair mask weekly.
10. For an affordable curling creme, try Garnier Fructis Surf Hair Texturising Gum.
11. Give almond oil a go.
12. Give your ponytail the treatment it deserves.
13. If you have very thick curly/natural hair, try sectioning your hair when washing it.
14. If your hair gets greasy at the roots and dry at the ends, try switching to sulphate-free hair products.
15. If you're prone to ponytail headaches, learn to braid instead.
16. Use a ceramic hairdryer.
17. To shorten the length of time it takes to blow dry your hair, try Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer.
18. Sleep with your hair in French braids.
19. To curl your hair more quickly, put it in a ponytail first.
20. If all else fails, just get rid of it.
Note: submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.