When it comes to sex, variety is a ~wonderful~ thing.
And in 2015, there was a lot of that going around — from innovations in sex toys and medicine to a ton of sex-positive people, books, and podcasts. Here are a few of the many great things from 2015 that made some people's sex lives better (or at least more informed).
3. Marnie's analingus scene on Girls.
5. Elvie, a Kegel trainer for women that connects to your phone.
6. kGoal boost, a Kegel trainer for dudes.
7. Alice Dreger's badass live tweeting of her son's abstinence-only sex ed class.
8. When Abbi decided to try pegging on Broad City.
10. The BuzzFeed Health Sex Q&A series.
At the risk of sounding self-promotional: this series of clear, expert-informed answers to reader-submitted questions can teach you more about sex and sexuality than any sex ed class will. You can read them all here, but here are some highlights:
11. Women on Sex, a YouTube series that features African women talking frankly about sex and the culture around sex.
15. Learning about HPV, orgasms, pubic hair styles, and so much more in the BuzzFeed series Hillary Has Questions.
16. The book The Women on My Couch by Brandy Engler, Ph.D.
Engler is a sex and relationship therapist working in New York and L.A. This is her second book (her first was The Men on My Couch), and it tells the stories of women and their struggles with sex and relationships. BuzzFeed Life talked to her about some of the most common reasons people see her, which you can read here.