1. Cut your hand soap cost and use in half (and still get clean hands) by looping a rubber band around your soap pump.
This works for grown ups, too — my roommates and I have been doing this because we all have a tendency to press the soap pump all the way down. And if you for whatever reason just need a little bit more soap, just pump it twice. From here.
4. Use three small pieces of wood to make your spices easy to see in your cabinet.
This tutorial has you cut them yourself, but you can ask your hardware store to cut them for you. Just make sure to push it to the back of the cabinet or at least secure the blocks together, so you don’t accidentally knock everything over! (Or if that sounds like too much work, just buy a tiered spice rack like this one, $10).
5. Turn an empty plastic bottle and old CD or DVD into a wall-mounted plastic bag dispenser.
And keep it in your pantry or on the inside door of one of your kitchen cabinets. If you have more plastic bags than will fit in the dispenser, then recycle them at your local grocery store (most stores will take empty bags). Here’s the tutorial.
6. Stick magnet bars on the back of your metal medicine cabinet to hold small bathroom necessities.
You don’t have to cover them in fabric, but they do look pretty that way. Here’s the full tutorial.
Want more organizing ideas? See last week’s tricks (plus more!) here.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎