We asked the BuzzFeed Community for tips to make home improvement projects faster, better, and easier. Here are their responses — along with some of our own favorites.
1. Catch the dust anytime you drill in drywall — just use a folded Post-It note.
2. Remove stripped screws in no time by putting a rubber band over the top of the screw.
3. And when a screw refuses to actually stay in a hole anymore, fill it up with toothpicks and wood glue.
4. Hold a nail with a clothespin or needle-nose pliers to save your thumb from any accidental smashing.
5. Line your painter's tray with plastic wrap or foil for easy cleanup.
6. Or a plastic bag, so you can completely contain any mess.
7. Label your circuit breakers so when a one flips — or you need to cut the power — it's not an ordeal.
8. A paint edger will give you sharp lines without tape every time.
9. Store your paint rollers and paintbrushes wrapped in plastic in the fridge overnight when you have to do more than one coat.
10. Hang a frame *exactly* where you want it with a dot of toothpaste: just put it on the frame where you want the nail to hang + press the frame against the wall.
11. And use plain, white toothpaste to fill small nail holes in your wall.
12. Use a strip of painter's tape to make a perfect template when you have to line up two nails in the wall.
13. Drill perpendicular holes every single time by putting together this simple guide from two pieces of scrap wood.
14. Avoid a "walking" drill by making a small divot after marking where the hole will be.
15. Completely hide screws using a countersink bit and wood filler.
16. Get perfect, sharp caulk lines every time by framing your lines out with strips of painter's tape.
Note: Responses have been lightly edited for length or clarity.