Hold up. Did you say diaper... cake?
Yes. They're a great baby shower gift, because new parents can ~never~ get enough diapers, at least until their kiddo is potty trained. And they make for an awesome shower centerpiece. Here are 18 ways to make one:
1. An un-bee-lieveably cute bee cake.
2. A diaper hot air balloon.
3. A topsy-turvy cake wrapped in fun, colorful ribbon.
4. A "fondant-style" cake covered in little baby blankets.
5. A perfect princess cake that comes with a tutu.
6. A gorgeous giraffe-printed cake with pinwheels.
7. A dinosaur themed cloth diaper tower.
8. A motorcycle (or bicycle!) ridden by cute stuffed animal of choice.
9. A simple and classy Chuck Taylor cake.
10. A tower of diaper cupcakes.
11. A cake where the top tier is made from colorful washcloths and teething blankets.
12. A cake with fairy wings for the future costume closet.
13. A cloth diaper sushi platter (not cake, but it still counts).
14. An adorable gender-neutral cake and matching centerpiece.
15. A simple, spring-inspired version topped with silk flowers.
16. A quick and easy wreath to hang in the baby's bedroom.
17. A bassinet cake made from two shoeboxes.
18. A cake graced by Uglydolls, and whose most important feature is the secret inside.
(It's champagne for the parents, of course.) Here's the tutorial.
Somebody else already making a diaper cake for the parents? Turn a few onesies into a box of cupcakes.
Useable time and time again, until they're outgrown. Here's the tutorial.