3. Make a ladder display for your favorite throws and blankets (for less than $25, too).
One day you may run into the ~perfect~ vintage ladder at the ~perfect~ price at your flea market, but until that day, you’ll have this affordable DIY version. Here’s the tutorial.
6. Decorate your living room or bedroom with your oversized wooden monogram.
This project also uses 1×3s, and should probably not be the first project you try when you experiment with woodworking. But it’s awesome, once you master mitered corners. Learn how to make them here.
11. Or, use thinly-sliced wood and instead of tile when you re-do your kitchen or bathroom.
You should be pretty dang comfortable with DIY projects before you take this one on, but it’s also just really cool to look at. Get the tutorial here.
13. Connect a thrift store headboard and footboard to make a custom bench.
You’ll use 1×3s to make the seat, but 2×4s will hold everything together and upright. Learn how to do it here.
- After the health care fail, it's unclear if Republicans and Trump will find consensus on other big ticket items.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- A self-driving Uber car in Arizona was involved in a crash after a car failed to yield and hit it, causing the Uber car to roll to its side.
- A girl's grandfather kept journals of their memories from when she was 2 until she turned 5 and people are can't take how cute it is 😍