2. Transform an empty beer tote into a pretty organizer.
You can use it for craft supplies, like the blogger does, or to organize other things, like your TV remotes. Get the tutorial here.
6. Download Big Oven to get your grocery list organized.
It features hundreds of thousands of recipes that you can drag and drop into a menu plan. Then you can make a grocery list, and go shopping! Lots of stuff left in your fridge? You can enter three different ingredients to find recipes that you can make with them. Get it here, for free.
7. Pour some inexpensive river rocks into a tray for an instant drip-catching shoe tray.
It’s winter, which probably means lots of snow or lots of rain. Keep your floors cleaner by putting together this simple tray, and asking your family to drop their shoes there when they come in the door. Get a tutorial to make it from scratch here. Or, pick up an affordable boot tray (this one is $7.99), and fill it with rocks (you can usually find those at your local garden or hardware store).
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀