1. Try envelope budgeting for just one week.
It’s a simple, cash-based system (using cute envelopes!) that can help you stay within a spending limit without feeling overwhelmed. Try it for just one part of your life this week — say, spending on entertainment like movies, dinners out, and alcohol. Read more about the system here.
3. If your shower doesn’t have enough shelf space, use a tension rod and shower curtain rings to create some.
Great for kids bath toys, like you see here, or for your own stuff. Just hang the rod at shoulder level, and fill the baskets with your own soap. From here.
5. Go through your refrigerator and toss anything that’s expired or that’s gone bad.
This will probably only take you around 15 minutes! Then, if you’re feeling extra motivated (which, no shame if you don’t), organize your stuff into baskets like they did here.
7. Repurpose a silverware organizer as a family (or roommate) toothbrush holder.
To keep them ~clean~, you want the toothbrushes 1) in a drawer, and 2) separated. This does both. Then, depending on what kind of organizer you buy, you could throw it in the dishwasher to get it clean. From here.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," and "Aliens."
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱