1. Young & Sick is a singer/producer/illustrator named Nick who splits time between Brooklyn and Los Angeles. He’s been releasing music since last November, sort of obscuring his identity along the way.
When he released his debut track — an electric hymn that sounds like The Unicorns cooled down for 2014 — it was accompanied only by a clever line drawing, of a dog with four eyes and a sagging grin. “I don’t have a background in art… I just started drawing,” Young & Sick explained over email. “It was never intended to be a business per se. I just kind of fell into it.”
Since dropping that first song, Young & Sick has booked Coachella, stunt-released a single on the dark net and revealed his face at a New York show. You can catch an even-better look at his lion’s mane above, captured by big deal fashion photographer/Madonna video director John-Baptiste Mondino.
2. Looking ahead toward this year’s imminent festival circuit, Young & Sick is debuting a new single, “Glass,” on BuzzFeed.
Anchored by woodblock pops, it’s a funky, falling-in-love song to walk down the street with this spring, while winking at strangers who’ve finally removed their winter coats.
“I wrote and recorded this song in Ojai, California at the Rancho Inn — a quaint little motel surrounded by national parks. It was in this calm, that the natural progression to make a faster tune felt right,” Young & Sick said.
4. “Glass” will appear at the upbeat apex of Young & Sicks’ debut LP, out April 8th via Harvest.
Here’s the album’s tracklist. Ten all new jams, none previously released.
2. Heartache Fetish
3. Ghost of a Chance
4. Counting Raindrops
5. Feel Pain
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵