5. The song in the video is by Ugandan singer Eddy Kenzo. Called “Jambole,” it was released back in June. Download it here.
“jambole it’s a ghetto swahiri word means best of the best?is yo lover jambole?,” Kenzo wrote on Facebook in June. So, I’ll assume that when he mentions Kim Kardashian at 2:35, he’s talking about what a queen she is.
6. Kenzo’s had a song go viral before. This January 2014 video of boys dancing to his song “Sitya Loss” has almost 4 million views on YouTube.
7. Months later, “Sitya Loss” is still a hit on TV in Africa. On Spotify, it’s been streamed almost 75,000 times.
8. Really, Kenzo’s had jams. His 2010 song “Stamina” was used as the theme for the successful campaign of Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni.
- Canada's Conservatives just voted to get rid of a party policy opposing gay marriage 🇨🇦
- Dozens were arrested at a Trump rally in San Diego as protesters clashed with supporters. Trump thanked police for "handling the thugs."
- The World Health Organization has dismissed calls to postpone or cancel this summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro because of the Zika virus.