5. The song in the video is by Ugandan singer Eddy Kenzo. Called “Jambole,” it was released back in June. Download it here.
“jambole it’s a ghetto swahiri word means best of the best?is yo lover jambole?,” Kenzo wrote on Facebook in June. So, I’ll assume that when he mentions Kim Kardashian at 2:35, he’s talking about what a queen she is.
6. Kenzo’s had a song go viral before. This January 2014 video of boys dancing to his song “Sitya Loss” has almost 4 million views on YouTube.
7. Months later, “Sitya Loss” is still a hit on TV in Africa. On Spotify, it’s been streamed almost 75,000 times.
8. Really, Kenzo’s had jams. His 2010 song “Stamina” was used as the theme for the successful campaign of Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- #Peggygate: West Elm is offering full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏