1. Kendrick Lamar, the California rapper whose upcoming album the world can’t wait to pick apart, was profiled by the New York Times Magazine on June 25.
3. But it ALSO introduces Whitney Alford, Kendrick’s longtime girlfriend. The two haven’t appeared in public much, but they did go to this year’s Grammys together:
5. Whitney, reportedly, “is an every day, about the way, typical ass girl.”
6. Kendrick hasn’t kept his romantic life entirely private. In a 2013 conversation with Erykah Badu for Interview, Kendrick said “a lady friend” was one of the two “asshole checkers” in his life — a person tasked with keeping him grounded.
“The main one is a friend of mine — a lady friend who has known me since high school. She has always been someone, since day one, who has said something whenever I’m an asshole, or also if I’m doin’ something positive — but more so when I’m out of my element,” he said.
7. In February, they traveled together to South Africa for a three-concert tour.
Local reports referred to Alford as Kendrick’s “high school sweetheart.” Kendrick told the Times: “She’s been here since Day 1.”
Email the author of this post at email@example.com.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀