2. Quack single “NRG” throws a larger-than-life female vocal sample over beefy guitar riffs and bass claps, like a stoner looking to party might throw peanut butter on a potato chip.
Not that serious and a lot of fun, it’s a pretty good introduction to what Duck Sauce are all about.
3. Check out the video for “NRG,” debuting right here:
The whole thing is an amazing fake infomercial for a fake “everything gel,” hosted by Kroll Show comedian Jon Daly.
5. As silly as this video is, the way “NRG” came together is actually kind of rigorous.
“Every song on Quack has a sample and it can take months to clear them,” A-Trak explained. After spending lots of time working on their record, the Duck Sauce team still felt the album needed one more song, so they started hunting for a perfect sample. “You’re searching for these missed opportunities, these hidden gems that, for some reason, didn’t get their shine,” said A-Trak.
6. They scoured their own record collections and asked friends, but ultimately found what they were looking for on a YouTube binge. Melissa Manchester’s awesomely hairsprayed 1985 song, “Energy”:
7. So, go ahead, feel the power.
8. You deserve it.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩