1. This afternoon, Chile fans broke down a barrier and rushed into Maracanã Stadium before the Spain-Chile game.
2. After entering the stadium, a large number of Chile fans without tickets bypassed security…
3. And stormed the media center.
4. Causing damage along the way.
8. Fortunately, security was able to regain control of the situation before anyone was seriously injured.
9. And the group is now being held in the media center, presumably awaiting arrests.
10. Update — June 18, 3:10 p.m., ET: Police have detained the individuals who illegally entered the stadium.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.