1. This afternoon, Chile fans broke down a barrier and rushed into Maracanã Stadium before the Spain-Chile game.
2. After entering the stadium, a large number of Chile fans without tickets bypassed security…
3. And stormed the media center.
4. Causing damage along the way.
8. Fortunately, security was able to regain control of the situation before anyone was seriously injured.
9. And the group is now being held in the media center, presumably awaiting arrests.
10. Update — June 18, 3:10 p.m., ET: Police have detained the individuals who illegally entered the stadium.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏