1. You wouldn’t think passing out hugs in the middle of a marathon would be the best idea, but it turned out to be a great morale boost for the runners, who were more than happy to take this man up on his offer.
2. Like this lady, who actually ran back for a hug.
3. And this woman, who received a really warm embrace.
4. This guy picked up the man giving free hugs.
5. And this runner rushed across the course just to get one.
6. Watch the video:
Sure, the “FREE HUGS” thing has been done before, but it’s nice to see people react like this, especially considering the circumstances.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎