1. During a designated game each year, Calgary Hitmen fans toss teddy bears onto the ice after the home team scores their first goal of the game. This is what it looks like:
2. The annual event is hosted by the Calgary Hitmen (a major junior ice hockey team) who partner with The Brick (one of Canada’s largest retail stores) to donate the teddy bears to 60 local charities, including Alberta Children’s Hospital and The Salvation Army.
3. In addition to jumping on the mounds of stuffed animals, some of the Hitmen players personally take the teddy bears to children the next day.
4. This year, 23,924 teddy bears were tossed onto the ice.
5. How cool is that?!
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌