During the badminton doubles finals of the 2013 Canadian Open, a fight broke out between Bodin Issara and Maneepong Jongjit — two former Thai Olympic badminton teammates. As the two teams were switchings sides, Issara suddenly sprinted after Jongjit, chasing him onto an adjacent court.
After pulling him down, Issara began to punch Jongjit and even landed a knee to the back.
Jongjit was able to escape when coaches and tournament staff jumped onto the court and held down Issara.
Issara was shown a black card — disqualification — but alleges that the fight started when Jongjit hit him with a racket. The Badminton World Federation is investigating the incident.
6. Watch the full video here:
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋