⅔ cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup pecans
1 cup M&M’S® Candies, divided
16 caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons heavy cream
7 cup melted chocolate
1. In a medium bowl, combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and 2 egg yolks (reserving one egg white for later in the recipe). Using a hand mixer, beat at medium speed until creamy. Add flour and kosher salt; beat at low speed until well mixed. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
2. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
3. Chop pecans and ¾ cup of the M&M’S® Candies. Mix together in a shallow bowl.
4. Place egg white reserved from earlier into another shallow bowl. Whisk vigorously with a fork.
5. Shape dough into 1½-inch balls, and one at a time, roll in egg white and then roll in the chopped pecans and M&M’S® Candies until thickly coated.
6. Place cookies on a parchment-covered baking sheet and press a well into each of the cookies using your finger or a rounded ½ teaspoon measuring spoon.
7. Bake for 7–10 minutes or until edges begin to brown, then remove from oven and cool completely.
8. Combine caramels and heavy cream in bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals. Stir until melted.
9. Fill the well of each cookie with caramel and refrigerate for 10 mins.
10. Drizzle each cookie with melted chocolate and place M&M’S® Candies into the caramel centers.