One of the funniest story lines of the NBA playoffs has been the resurrection of onetime star/ballhog Tracy McGrady as a scrub on the San Antonio Spurs, who are now playing the Heat in the NBA Finals.
Once a perennial All-Star, McGrady is now filling out the end of the Spurs’ bench. A lot of good teams will bring in past-their-prime vets to fill out a roster, the idea being that these guys have been around the block and know how to show up on time, stay ready, and keep quiet in a way a younger, more headstrong player might not.
Basically, teams are hoping that these players will not create bizarre distractions like the one T-Mac created today when a reporter asked him if he’s prepared to play major minutes should the Spurs need him to.
His response was perfectly absurd.
8. What does that even mean? Glad you asked…
10. Who the hell says stuff like that? Where did Tracy McGrady learn that phrase?
12. Tracy McGrady is from Florida.
14. It all makes sense now.
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- It's a tie! Jairam Hathwar and Nihar Janga are co-champions of the 2016 National Spelling Bee 🏆
- Here we go: Donald Trump has reached the number of delegates needed to be the Republican presidential nominee.