Gruesome collisions at home plate have been a part of baseball since the sport began. Runners will do anything to avoid being called out and catchers try their damnedest to keep the runner from scoring. During a game this week between the Texas Rangers and Oakland Athletics, Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler added to the long list of home plate casualties.
Kinsler took a solid shot by A’s catcher John Jaso that caused him to get three stitches in the clubhouse between innings.
His teammates cringed after seeing the collision, but Kinsler just shook it off.
And re-entered the game with his blood-covered jersey, a few stitches and a band-aid.
9. Because Ian Kinsler is a freakin’ badass.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷