The Yankees’ Mariano Rivera is retiring at the end of this season after a long career as a well-liked and respected closer, and all year teams throughout MLB have been presenting him with gifts.
So what the hell do you give a 12-time All Star and five-time World Series champion? What is left in the world for a man who already has everything? The Minnesota Twins had a pretty good answer for that question: they gave Rivera a rocking chair made of bats broken by Mo’s trademark cut fastball.
5. “Oh man, thanks so much! Who told you guys I was in the market for a rocking chair?!?”
6. “I mean, gottdaym. That’s a lovely piece of furniture.”
7. “Hell yeah, I’m totally putting that on the front porch! I’m gonna read books while sitting in it, too!”
- An earthquake that struck central Italy Wednesday has killed at least 73 people, officials say. 150 people are still missing.
- Turkish forces have launched an offensive to help Syrian rebels take the border town of Jarabulus from ISIS and keep it out of Kurdish hands.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York." He isn't.