The Yankees’ Mariano Rivera is retiring at the end of this season after a long career as a well-liked and respected closer, and all year teams throughout MLB have been presenting him with gifts.
So what the hell do you give a 12-time All Star and five-time World Series champion? What is left in the world for a man who already has everything? The Minnesota Twins had a pretty good answer for that question: they gave Rivera a rocking chair made of bats broken by Mo’s trademark cut fastball.
5. “Oh man, thanks so much! Who told you guys I was in the market for a rocking chair?!?”
6. “I mean, gottdaym. That’s a lovely piece of furniture.”
7. “Hell yeah, I’m totally putting that on the front porch! I’m gonna read books while sitting in it, too!”
- 11 U.S. states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- President Obama will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima since the atomic bomb was dropped there 71 years ago.
- Good news, Canadians: If you buy medical marijuana legally, you can now get same-day delivery right to your door in Toronto and Calgary 🍁