The Yankees’ Mariano Rivera is retiring at the end of this season after a long career as a well-liked and respected closer, and all year teams throughout MLB have been presenting him with gifts.
So what the hell do you give a 12-time All Star and five-time World Series champion? What is left in the world for a man who already has everything? The Minnesota Twins had a pretty good answer for that question: they gave Rivera a rocking chair made of bats broken by Mo’s trademark cut fastball.
5. “Oh man, thanks so much! Who told you guys I was in the market for a rocking chair?!?”
6. “I mean, gottdaym. That’s a lovely piece of furniture.”
7. “Hell yeah, I’m totally putting that on the front porch! I’m gonna read books while sitting in it, too!”
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀