Jay Harris is a standout senior wide receiver at Downingtown East High School in Exton, Pennsylvania. Harris signed a letter of intent to play football at Michigan State University earlier this year.
He’s considered a 3-star recruit by ESPN and Rivals.com. ESPN ranks him as the as the second best wide receiver in the state, as well as the number 17 overall Pennsylvania prospect.
He would have been a promising young receiver for the Spartans in a couple years.
But Harris will never step foot on the East Lansing school’s campus, because he wants to be a rapper.
Under the rap name Jay DatBull, Harris released a music video called “Datbull 4 Life” which includes the following lyrics…
In addition to rhyming about “popping molly” the video itself, which now has over 86,000 views, features Harris smoking marijuana…
Like a lot of marijuana.
And awkwardly dancing with his friends in a park.
You know, basic rapper activities.
18. But not the type of behavior Michigan State expects of their recruits.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Michigan State revoked his scholarship earlier this month, while Harris maintains that he chose to focus on his rap career over attending Michigan State. A Michigan State spokesman called it a “mutual decision.”
Harris’s mom can’t be happy about any of this, especially given that her son and his friends look like they’re about to call her to bring the minivan so they can go to the mall.
- An admitted fraudster has access to Trump through his wife's job at Mar-a-Lago — and he's tried to use it to his advantage.
- United Airlines has settled with the man shown being violently dragged off a plane in a video that spurred widespread outrage.
- The massive investigation into professional soccer corruption is still alive and, well, kicking ⚽️
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥